Saturday, September 18, 2010

By Terry Touche Veloutee

I've been using By Terry's Touche Veloutee for about 2 weeks now, and so far I'm really liking the product.  Touche Veloutee is an under-eye concealer that is designed to brighten dark circles, camouflage wrinkles and fine lines, and overall illuminate the eye area.  This product appealed to me because I am a HUGE fan of YSL's Touche Eclat, which has also been created by Terry de Gunzburg.  I have been using YSL Touche Eclat for about 6 years now, (a highlighter, not a concealer) and I wanted to try something new, just to see what the difference would be.  The By Terry Touche Veloutee brightens the under-eye area and creates a beautiful finish, similar to that of the Touche Eclat.  For reference, I prefer a brighter under-eye and don't like to match the color exactly to my face because I think it makes me look more youthful and awake.  I dont find that it necessarily camouflages the lines under my eye (not sure if the lines are wrinkles or just dry skin) but it also does not accentuate it.  I have tried By Terry's Touch-Expert Advanced, which is a similar product that is designed for the under-eye area, but is more sheer, whereas the Touche Veloutee is more pigmented and creates a more opague finish. 


To apply I click the pen two times and brush the product on the back of my hand.  Then I apply it using my fingers to the eye area, first dabbing the product into the skin and then smoothing it out with my fingers.  I dont usually set the under eye area with powder as I don't want the powder to settle into any lines and accentuate them although some people recommend it.  For me it lasts the entire work day and I don't need to touch up, unless I plan to freshen my makeup entirely in which case I use about one click to do so. 

For reference I'm NC20, #2 in the YSL Touche Eclat, and #1 Porcelain in the By Terry Touche Veloutee.  Touche Veloutee comes in three colors and can be found at Space NK and comes in a 6.5 ml (or 0.22 fl oz) tube for about $54.

No comments:

Post a Comment