Saturday, November 20, 2010

YSL Rouge Pur Couture

I picked up two YSL Rouge Pur Coutures, #6 in Rose Bergamasque, and #20 in Rouge Flamme, a Sephora exclusive.  Rouge Pur Couture is described as a satin finish lipstick that provides medium to full coverage.  They go on pretty smoothly and have a satiny creamy feel, with some slip.  The lipsticks have a nice fruity scent to them, and they wear pretty well.  The sales associate indicated they are supposed to last about 8 hours, but I never actually go 8 hours without having something to eat or drink.  I only have to reapply after I eat and not in between meals, so I suppose they could potentially last that long. 





I am really loving the packaging of this lipstick.  It comes in a gold mirrored case, with the YSL symbol engraved in red.  I think the mirrored casing is a really smart idea, since you can apply the lipstick without having to pull out an extra mirror, and I wish more lipsticks were packaged this way.  I do like the formula, the #6 is more slippery than #20 which I find to be more creamy and pigmented.  #6 is a really great nude, its a bit more pink than it comes out on camera, and I think it's a perfect color for a smokey eye, while still great on its own.  I am also really loving #20, which is a beautiful cranberry red with a slight satiny sheen to it.  It's an elegant red and highly pigmented.  I tried #1 Le Rouge as well, which is a classic red, but it just didn't look good on my NC20 complexion. I think Le Rouge would look great on someone fair and more cool toned.  

#6 has medium coverage, slightly on the sheer side.  Since my lips are very pigmented, I feel that I need to apply more coats to get the look that I want.  The only thing that I have against the nude lipstick is that it accentuates any dry patches on your lips, so it's probably best worn after exfoliating.  

I definitely recommend this lipstick, great formula, colors, and packaging.  I received a sample from the YSL counter, containing three other colors, including #1, #9, and #10.  I will do a mini post on these with swatches soon. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment