Friday, March 25, 2011

Shiseido Urban Environment UV Protection Cream SPF 35

Last month I started using the Shiseido Urban Environment UV Protection Cream.  I discovered it randomly when I was at the Shiseido counter at Saks to ask about men's face cream with SPF (btw did you know Shiseido launched men's products?).  They didn't have anything for men with sun protection, but the SA told me about this new sunscreen.  It's supposed to be the city version of the Ultimate Sun Protection Cream (the blue one, which comes in SPF 55 and SPF 38).  At the counter, I tested a few drops of the Urban sunscreen and the Ultimate sunscreen, and the SA pointed out that the Urban version is supposedly lighter and that you don't need an oil cleanser to remove it either.


The packaging is identifical in size and shape as the Ultimate version, just different coloring.  While I thought it was less creamy and more smooth as I tested it out on the back of my hand at the counter, in applying it to my face it was almost the same consistency as the Ultimate.  I don't really think it's too different than the Ultimate, except that its a tad smoother and requires slightly less effort to rub into the skin.  (However, I think less tugging on the skin is probably better in the long-run, as the skin sags with age.)  In fact, I actually think that the Urban version is slightly more greasy than the Ultimate version. 

I think I will continue to purchase the Ultimate sunscreen when I run out of this one.  While I like the Urban, the Ultimate gives me a better finish.  Both apply great under makeup, make a good base (especially if you like the slightly dewey look), and offers a good amount of sun protection. It's probably worth getting a sample of both to see which one suits your skin better.  Somehow the original version just works better for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment