Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Upcoming Sephora VIB Sale

Sephora is having a VIB 15% off sale this weekend starting Thurs.  There are a few items I have been holding out for in anticipation for this sale:

1. Josie Maran Argan Cleansing Oil
As much as I love the Shu Uemura Cleansing Oil (the pink version for combo skin), I don't like that it's primarily composed of mineral oil.  The Josie Maran cleansing oil looks like it doesn't contain mineral oil, rather it is made up of argan, grape seed, and grapefruit oils.  I have heard some great reviews about this brand, but I haven't had a chance to try any of the products because I am scared to use oils on my skin (other than an oil-cleanser because I do a double cleanse with something that will take off excess oil).  I don't look for products that are oil-free, but the thought of using an oil deliberately on my skin makes me think of the potential break-outs that might happen.  I am looking forward to using this cleanser.

2. REN  Keep Young and Beautiful SH2C Serum


In a magazine article that was published a few months (I feel it might have been Allure, honestly can't remember), the article talked about the different signs of ageing that appear based on a person's ethnicity.  The article indicated that Asian skin doesn't tend to wrinkle, rather it loses elasticity and volume.  Since I am approaching my mid to late twenties soon, I am starting to use more anti-aging skin care products that are targeted towards my preventative needs.  Based on my research, I have been looking for products that stimulate collagen growth.  I've been researching serums that also contain Vitamin C, which helps with brightening the skin and treating dark spots.  This REN serum also contains peptides, which boosts collagen production, so this seems like the perfect serum for me right now. 

This year I plan to test alot of anti-oxidant serums and vitamin C serums, so I will keep posting my thoughts on good finds. 

3. Yves Saint Laurent Mascara Volume Effet Faux Cils
My number one mascara of all time is the L'Oreal Voluminous Mascara, but lately I feel like it's been smudging under my eyes alot more, and it's given me a reason to try other mascaras out there.  The brush on the YSL Faux Cils is very similar to the L'Oreal Voluminous, which is very dense and seems like it would cover alot of lash surface area.  I've tried the Radical Noir version of the YSL Faux Cils, which is a super super black version, but this one did smudge quite a bit.  Based on some research (mostly reading other reviews), the regular black version of this mascara doesn't have this problem.

4. Dior Addict Lipstick

So many of the beauty blogs have put up reviews for the relaunch of the Dior Lipstick, but I have yet to purchase any, simply because I am overwhelmed by the selection of colors (somewhere around 56 shades).  To make it even more difficult, the colors of the plastic testers are not good indicators of the actual color, so I spent quite some time at Sephora trying to determine which shade was which name, remembering which ones I liked based on the name or number, so I gave up.  But I did find one color that I really like, Paris.  It's a bright cool pink, very pretty for spring.  I'll probably also pick up a nude as well (I would love to hear if anyone has any suggestions!). 

For VIB members, the code for the 15% off, valid April 14 - 21 is "CHICWEEK".  If you attend the opening party (Thurs from 6pm-9pm) the invitation indicates there will be a goody bag!

No comments:

Post a Comment