Monday, June 13, 2011

Elemis Spa At Home Cellutox Active Body Oil

Last month I started using the Elemis Cellutox Active Body Oil, which is a body oil designed to detox your entire body.  I stumbled upon it while looking for another Elemis body oil, but this just looked really interesting to me.  I'm all about holistic treatments or alternative approaches to healthcare, so when I saw the description and that the oil is designed to detoxify your body, due to the buildup of toxins from stress, etc., i was curious to try it and see what it could do for me. 



The Elemis Spa At Home Cellutox Active Body Oil contains seabuckthorn, sea fennel, lemon and juniper to do a list of good things for your body, including detoxifying the body, helping smooth the appearance of cellulite, helping boost energy, and also helping with constipation when rubbing into the belly and lower back.  It has a citrusy lemony smell, which according to my aromatherapy research, is supposed to help relax you.  According to the website the ingredients list did not contain any mineral oil, which we all know I try to avoid. 

I've been using this for about a month now, applying it to my "problem areas" including my belly, thighs and legs, and my upper arms and shoulders, right after a shower when your body is warm.  To be honest I'm not sure how to tell if its providing detox, but what I can tell you is that I feel very hydrated from this body oil and it leaves a really nice sheen on the shoulders and legs, especially nice if I'm wearing a dress.  I use a couple of drops for each part of my body (about a dime size amount for each part) on top of aloe vera gel, under a regular body moisturizer (Nivea). 

I should tell you that I had recently returned from my vacation and my skin was pretty burnt, not red and flaking, but my skin was significantly drier (especially at the shoulders), significantly! After about a week's use of this body oil, (along with the aloe vera gel) I felt like I had my soft skin back (whew). 

I also received a deluxe sample of the Elemis Spa At Home Frangipani Monoi Body Oil, which I had been reading about everywhere, but I only used it once because I wasn't particularly fond of the scent.  It had a muskier scent which I'm not a fan of, so if you're looking to try a body oil, I think the Cellutox version is the way to go.  Who doesn't like the smell of lemons?

No comments:

Post a Comment