Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Shu Uemura Tasai Cream

Last month I cheated on my hair stylist at a new salon.  I wasn't unhappy with my stylist at all, but I've been going to him for eight years now, and even though I think he does a fabulous job, I always wondered if someone else could possibly make my hair better than it already is.  After some research I ended up at Michael Angelo's Wonderland, and had my hair consultation, cut, and style with Annastasia, who recommended the Shu Uemura Tasai Cream.



According to the Shu Uemura website, the Tasai Cream is a moisturizing styling cream that offers texture, definition, and shine.  To apply, I use about two pumps to each side of my damp hair, before blow drying.  It's pretty liquidy, I wouldn't say the texture of the hair cream is very creamy, so it's rather easy to apply and spread throughout.  The product does exactly what it says it will do, which is, it texturizes my hair and gives it an extra bit of "movement" to it.  For reference, I have straight hair, and I don't have a ton of it, so I'm always looking for volumizing products, which don't ever seem to work out for me.  However this was the first product that has helped increase the volume, in the sense that it makes it seem like I have more hair than I actually do.  The cream also has a great scent, very light and pleasant. 


So far I am loving this product, I have been using it every day since the day I got it, and on the days that I don't use it I definitely notice a difference.  I would recommend this to people who have hair just like me, straightish and more sparse (not necessarily thinner hair, but it may help), not really sure how it would react with other types of hair.  Annastasia also recommended using dry shampoo, even on freshly washed hair, for even more volume.  What I do is section my hair into six parts, spray these sections, and also spray once in the back under the top of the underside of my hair, and work it into my scalp.  (For reference I'm using the Tresemme Fresh Start Dry Shampoo, which has a complementary scent to the Shu Uemura Tasai Cream). 


I highly recommend the Tasai Cream if you haven't tried it already, and I also recommend going to Annastasia if you're looking to try a new stylist!

No comments:

Post a Comment