Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Guerlain Precious Light Rejuvenating Illuminator

A few months ago I was at the Guerlain counter again (I am loving this brand right now) and the SA that was helping me asked me if i would be interested in switching under-eye concealers.  I think I was having a bad makeup day, or maybe my skin was just dry, because my undereye concealer was starting to separate and looked pretty bad (this was sometime in the evening).  I have a hard time saying no to people who try to sell me things, especially if they tell me the product offers something amazing or different than other products, AND if the SA doesn't try to push me to buy.  He told me that the concealer has hydrating properties and compared it to my beloved YSL Touche Eclat and thought that it was even better, especially in terms of hydration.


The Guerlain Precious Light Rejuvenating Illuminator is a highlighter/concealer that has similar properties to that of the Guerlain Parure Gold foundation.  It's made with a double sided pigment, the opague side to hide and conceal, while the gold side reflects light.  It's designed to reduce the appearance of lines, enlarged pores, and help with pigmentation issues.  Like the foundation, the illuminator contains Myrrh Oil, which mimics the effects of peptides and helps with anti-ageing.  The illuminator comes in a beautiful gold metal pen-like stick and is packaged in a velvet pouch.  It twists to dispense the product, which one full twist is usually enough to cover the eye area. 

I have been using this (in the color 00) for about a month now and I am really liking this product.  It's alot more sheer than my By Terry concealer, which can be good or bad, depending on how much coverage you're looking for.  I don't think this product would be good for someone who has really dark under-eye circles, in which case the By Terry would be great, but it does a great job for someone who doesn't need too much coverage and likes the bright-eyed look, like I do.  While I like the look that the YSL Touche Eclat achieves more, maybe because the coloring is different (I use YSL TE in #2, the more yellowish one), as I find that a yellow-based product is better at concealing the eye area, I am really sold on the anti-ageing benefits and the ingredients in the Precious Light Illuminator.  It's going to be difficult to choose when I run out of concealer!

No comments:

Post a Comment