Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Current Kiehl's Favorites

I've been a fan of Kiehl's for a long time, and have tried many of their products throughout the years.  Kiehl's, to me, comes off as a no-fuss, simple and effective products brand.  I don't know if it's because of the packaging or the way they market the products, but when I am looking for basic skincare, Kiehl's is one of the brands that come to mind.  In addition to the microderm scrub (see earlier post about scrubs), I am currently using the Ultra Facial lotion and the Soy Milk & Honey body polish.

Kiehl's Creme de Corps Soy Milk and Honey Body Polish ($28 for 6.8oz)


I don't normally spend a lot on body care, I use baby lotion and bar soap from the drugstore, and am not usually a fan of scented body washes. However, I am loving this body scrub, mostly because it smells AMAZING.  I can't describe how much I love using this, even though I don't think I really need to use a body exfoliator.  This product smells like a milk dessert, and I really like the texture of the polish as well.  Comparing it to the Clinique's body polish which I used to use, I find that its more effective.  The beads aren't "rounded" like Clinique's (similar to the Clean and Clear blackhead face scrub I used years ago) which I find to be sorta useless, but its also not harsh or super fine.  I don't feel like I am going to scratch up my skin using this.  Definitely something I would repurchase, it just smells amazing.

Kiehl's Ultra Facial Moisturizer (comes in various sizes, I purchase the 4oz for $22.50)



The Kiehl's ultra facial moisturizer is a really good simple moisturizer.  It's the first non-oil-free moisturizer that I ever tried, and surprisingly did not break me out.  (Note: products that contain oil no longer seem to trigger breakouts for me, I think I've passed the age where frequent breakouts are no longer an issue).  I use  this in the winter time, I think its got just enough moisture to feel comfortable, as it's non-greasy and has no fragrance.  I find that a 4oz bottle, used only nightly, will last me an entire fall/winter, perfect so that I can switch it up for the spring/summer.  What I like about this, in addition to the consistency of it (the texture of skin care products is really important to me), is the ingredients that it offers.  According to the Kiehl's website, itt contains squalane, a moisturizing agent derived from olives, and even though the site no longer describes this, I am pretty sure it also contains vitamins.  Since I'm older now, I'm thinking about trying an anti-ageing serum underneath this, but since I'm in my mid twenties I can still probably get away without it, since the vitamins (still need to confirm this somehow) will probably help battle ageing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment