Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Current Polish Faves - Deborah Lippmann

For Fall I am loving two polishes from the Deborah Lippmann collection, Supermodel and Today Was a Fairytale:



Supermodel was my first nail polish from the Lippmann collection, and I think its gorgeous.  It's a sheer orangey-red, ultra glossy, and comes out quite opague with two coats.  The finish is sort of a jelly-like look, but the color is beautiful and it matches its name perfectly (I have seen other orangey red polishes, but the name really sold me).  I am really liking the formula, I would say this and the Sephora by OPI nail polishes are my favorite nail formulas, as they don't chip easily, applies beautifully, no streaks, non-goopy, and a manicure can easily last a week with maybe one touch up of clear gloss.

Today was a fairytale is a glittery polish made of blueish silver glitter flecks.  The description indicates that it contains virgin diamond powder.  I'm not really sure if it's supposed to be a glittery top coat or if it can just be used on its own (The SA at Barney's didn't know either), but I have been loving this on top of Chanel's Paradoxal. I have to say I honestly regretted buying Paradoxal, it does not come out the way you would expect it to by just looking at the bottle, but adding Today was a fairytale on top makes me happy that I purchased it and I'm really enjoying the two together.  Today was a fairytale reminds me of a silver version of Sephora by OPI's Only Gold for Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment