Sunday, October 31, 2010

Favorite Mascaras

I've probably tried a million different mascaras that exist in the market, drug store and high-end, and I find that most of them dont work for me, since i have very sparse, medium length lashes, and by medium i mean not super short.  Most mascaras don't really cling to my lashes, and after applying a million coats to get some, or any effect, they just kind of clump up and make them look worse than they were before.  Throughout my years of research I have found that there are a few good ones that give me the look that I want, that being fuller and more voluminous, and dark.  There are only three that I like:

1. Revlon Grow Luscious (Drugstore)

2. L'Oreal Voluminous Mascara (Drugstore)

3. Elizabeth Arden Double Density Maximum Volume Mascara (Specialty Stores)


My all time favorite, and the one I always come back to is the L'Oreal Voluminous mascara.  It's the perfect brush size for my medium/short lashes, very dense brush, and makes my lashes look very full and lengthens it a tad.  It does however give a clumpy look in a good way, and is a bit flakey (on your lashes, wont flake off onto your face), but it gives me the perfectly dense look that I want.  The Revlon one also is pretty voluminizing as in it thickens my individual lashes, keeps them separated, and lengthens a tad more than the L'Oreal.  I would say it doesnt make my lashes look as dense, but is still a great mascara, which I am currently using.  The Liz Arden mascara is sort of random, I picked it up at an airport years ago (I love duty free shopping!) and I think it gives an amazing look to your lashes.  Very very dense, voluminous, but it doesnt add any length whatsoever.  I still really like this one, but I don't use it anymore because I just don't believe in paying alot for mascara since they only last about two months or so and I'm constantly replacing them.  I have tried more pricey mascaras, like the Dior Show that everyone loves, but it just doesn't work for me.  I also stay away from formulas that are very thin (like the Shiseido Perfect Mascara) they just don't cling and you'll end up swiping a hundred times, resulting in messy lashes.  I'm convinced that the brush of the mascara is more important than the formula, and tend to stick to mascaras that have a very dense brush (more surface area, more coverage?).  I have also stopped curling my lashes, I think it makes them look longer when theyre straighter, but this probably only applies to people with lashes that are my length. The last thing I'll say about mascaras is that I found a trick that volumizes them even more, and that is dusting some powder on the lashes before you apply mascara.

No comments:

Post a Comment