Friday, October 15, 2010

Holiday 2010 Wish List

For the last month or two I have been reading about holiday makeup collections from various bloggers, and I am getting really excited for the launches.  I believe some things are already out in the stores, but I haven't had time to check out the makeup counters yet (Except Chanel, but I didn't have time to try on the products and get help from the SA, which is half the fun and partly the reason I'm willing to shell out for high end products).  I'm most excited for MAC's A Tartan Tale Collection, which I believe is being launched at the end of October/Early November.  On my wishlist are:
  1. Sassy Pink Lassies Liglass - collection of five lipglasses in various pink shades, ranging from a neutral pink to a bright fuschia
  2. Sassy Coral Lassies Lipglass - collection of five lipglasses in coral shades
  3. 6 Beauties Play It Cool Eyeshadow Palette - I think this palette would be really good for a purple smokey eye, or the lighter colors could be used for day looks, in cool tones perfect for fall
  4. A Lady & Her Tricks - Collection of five makeup brushes for face and eyes, including the MAC 209, 219, and the 168 brushes in a travel size, all of which I planned to get anyway.  I think this brush set is a great bargain because its about 50 bucks, and MAC brushes usually range from 20 to 35 bucks or so, so even if you were to purchase two or three on its own, you're better off getting the set with five. 
This list is mostly based on pictures that I have seen (From Temptalia), but I might end up getting more products if I see them in person.  The pigments also look really gorgeous, but I'd like to see those in person. 

Other collections I am excited for include Chanel, Bobbi Brown, and Tom Ford.  I'm a big fan of Chanel glossimers, I love the texture and they're probably my favorite glosses of all time.  I'm probably going to pick up Futile, which is a frosty light pink, and Pink Pulsion, which is a fuschia.  The only thing is I wish glossimers had is more pigmentation.  I have one called Sirop (limited edition) that has no glitter and is more opague than the rest of my glossimers, which I think has the perfect amount of pigment for a gloss.  I know Chanel makes other glosses with more pigmentation, but the packaging of the glossimers just appeals so much more to me.

I'm also really liking the Bobbi Brown eyeshadow palettes, theyre mostly neutrals, and also the Tom Ford nail varnish in Black Orchid.  Black Orchid is THE deep purple/plum polish that I have been searching for.  I think Bobbi Brown makes some of the best eyeshadow palettes I've seen in the market, especially their neutral palettes which are really great for day time looks.  I work in a conservative office so it's pretty hard to get away with really bright colors, which I also enjoy on separate occasions.

I think MAC is going to do really great this holiday season, especially since theyre coming out with so many palettes and sets, which make really great gifts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment